Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Simple Pleasures

        It is so good to laugh. Sometimes I find myself taking life so seriously that I forget that God has given this life to me to enjoy. I am a deep, often brooding, thinker. I think about way too much sometimes, over analyzing my life, decisions, and circumstances. It gets a little ridiculous.  I allow an anxious spirit to take away my joy.
    
      But, today I am thankful for funny things that my kids say and do. I am really glad that God gave me a husband that has a fantastic sense of humor. God knew I would need him to make me laugh. I even am grateful for something silly to watch on t.v. tonight that gives me a chuckle. Realizing that even in difficulties, I've just got to take a mental break and enjoy being right here, right now...well, that's refreshing.

    There's a lot of things that I am asking God for in this season of my life. My family's physical needs depend entirely upon the graciousness of the Lord. I wish that life was easier and more exciting. Yet, right now I want to lay that aside and just remember the goodness of God. I want to dwell upon the joy that God wants me to find in the life that He has given me to live. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalms 37:4)


     So, I rejoice in the beauty of fresh fallen snow. I listen to my kids playing together, giggling and squealing.  I pet the dog curled up at my feet. And I relax. I trust that for today, God just wants me to see Him even in the simple pleasures of this life. 
     

2 comments:

Kate Dolan said...

Love your thoughts Cara. So glad you are sharing them. Your writing sends me a hug and also reminds me to delight in the Lord. Bless you and yours.

Janice Jarvis said...

It is so easy to forget those simple pleasures. Always treasure the time with your children...they grow up too fast! Love you!