Friday, January 14, 2011

Confession

I've got a confession to make. If you have been so kind to read my week day blogs...well, I've been using you this week. And I will most-likely continue to use you as a reader over the next few weeks.

So, the deal is, I am starting a Beth Moore book study over Revelation. Last Monday was the first of my ten week study and now I have "homework" to complete for each session. Along with review questions at the end of each section of the study, participants are encouraged to journal a personal Revelation of who Christ is to her each day. The format was to be written in the first person, as if talking to Jesus himself. I know that I haven't written my blog this week in this way, but over the next few weeks, if the mood hits me, I may word things into a prayer. That's where you come in. So, don't let me throw you off...

This week I have been praying as I approach this blog with the question, "How will you reveal Yourself to me today, Lord"? So far I have found God in each of those days, simply because I was willing and open to hearing from Him. On Monday, God revealed Himself to be the God of Perfect Timing, on Tuesday, He is Hope, on Wednesday, He is Beautiful, and yesterday, He is the Bread of Life. 

Today as I thought about the idea of confession for this blog, the Lord brought to mind a song that we used to sing a few years back. It's not as popular now, but maybe you remember it.

It's our confession Lord that we are weak,
So very weak, but you are strong
And though we've nothing Lord to lay at your feet
We come to your feet and say, "help us along"

A broken heart and a contrite Spirit You have yet to deny
Your heart of mercy beats with love's strong current
Let the river flow, by your Spirit now, Lord we cry
Let your mercies fall from heaven, sweet mercies flow from heaven
New mercies for today, shower them down Lord as we pray

So, now I am reminded of how when we come to Him, and confess our weakness, our dependence upon Him, He is quick to show us His mercy. Today His is the God of Mercy.

I challenge you to seek the Lord in this way. Ask Him, "Lord, give me a fresh revelation of who You are today." Look for Him in pictures, words, songs, conversations, whatever you experience that day. He is always ready to meet us and show us more of Him. 


Reveal Yourself to us, oh Lord.

1 comment:

Mindy Ary said...

I enjoy your blogs Cara. I would like to pass them on to a couple of ladies that I think would enjoy reading them if you don't mind. Let me know if that is ok.