Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Midnight Prayer

My day is nearly done now, Lord. Yet I cannot rest peacefully without taking time to speak with You.

I begin by thanking You for all of the beauty of the day. Your graciousness to me is beyond all measure. You are holy and worthy. I ask, as I sleep tonight, that Your perfect will for my life be set into action. I pray that Your kingdom would advance in my world as well as upon this earth, just as it is in heaven. May Your hand of provision be real in my family's life tomorrow. Thank you for what You gave us today to eat, to wear, and to enjoy. Forgive me God for my attitudes, behaviors, and words that hurt others, because it hurt You, too. Allow my heart to forgive and love the people that hurt me today. Let my heart be soft toward them. Help me tomorrow to live in Your salvation and keep me from turning my eyes from the truth of You. Protect my mind, body, and soul from the evil one. For only You lead to freedom. You rule over all the earth with justice, majesty, and glory.
I will give you all of my worship.

Amen

No comments: